For those of you who are new to blogging, I would like to give you a few guidelines on posting comments. First off, let us look at a comment that I received on my last entry entitled, Biological Log.
Anonymous said... Great Blog!I have a mortgage insurance site. It covers mortgage insurance related information.Come and check it out if you get time :-)
11:37 AM
As you might have noticed, I deleted this comment for a few reasons that will be addressed in our little discussion. Here we go.
Q. Why post a comment? Isn't just reading the blog enough?
A. Of course not! After reading my blog most people reach, as some have described it, "nirvana". You pretty much owe me a comment after you have reached this euphoric, enlightened state.
Q. What constitutes a good comment?
A. A good comment can do one of two things: Praise the blogger or praise the topic of the blog. For example; my good friend Garlic Boy has a blog entirely devoted to squirrels. An appropriate comment would say something like, "I love squirrels" or "Garlic Boy, you are the #1 stumma!". An inappropriate comment would advertise something unrelated to the topic, such as mortgage insurance. Advertising something like squirrel bait, while a little un-kosher, could be appropriate if you first obtain the permission of the owner of the blog. Note: when posting a comment on Garlic Boys' blogs, make sure your spelling is correct to avoid ridicule from the author.
Q. Do you even need mortgage insurance, Toasty?
A. Great Question! NO!
Q. Do you hate people that advertise mortgage insurance?
A. Another alarmingly good question. Not necessarily. If, per chance, I wrote a blog about mortgage insurance, an advertisement or two may be welcome in the comments section.
I hope that I have helped a lot of you, my faithful readers. My heart goes out to all the mortgage and loan representatives who call me at dinnertime, pollute my blog, and live in my house and work upstairs.
10 years ago

6 comments:
Great post, I really found this FAQ usefull.
Toast Habit, you are a real inspiration to us all! You truly are one safe dude!
I am an idiot! I love you and your clever wit, Toasty!
obviously, some people named anonymous never learn.
There is a way to stop advertisers from commenting on your blog. You can either restrict comments to only allow registered users to react to your blog or I think that removing yourself from the blog listings also helps. Check out the options/settings tab on your dashboard. Let me know if you have any questions.
Oh, by the way, very funny. I used to get stuff like that on my blog, but now I'm tech-savvy. I guess toast is naturally "low tech." In fact, I once caught a squirrel making toast in my kitchen. What a silly guy! Toast is for strange addicted people.
Post a Comment