Portland is probably the coolest town in all the Portland area. Gretchen and I just went there with Todd and Penny to go to our stake temple day. I thought that the pictures that The Church has of the temple don't do it justice. It is so green and beautiful all around it. Man, I feel like Kip after writing that sentence. As we got out of the temple, Gretchen and I agreed that we needed to start bringing our camera with us wherever we go.
Living with Gretchen's family is a lot of fun, but also very funny sometimes. We just got our appliances for our apartment last week. We were pretty dang excited. In celebration, we went grocery shopping so that we could eat by ourselves sometimes instead of always relying on Penny. The next day Blake(6) knocked on our door. After coming in I asked what he wanted and he said, Nothing." He then proceeded to open our fridge and freezer in search of something good to eat. Then he left. At the time we only had sandwich stuff, but later we got ginger ale. While we were gone one day he came and snuck one. We have started locking the door. Now I can't blame the pee on the toilet seat on anyone else. Carson(4) Is the opposite of Blake. Blake is a very picky eater and is always in search of junk food. Carson will say, "I don't like meatloaf." After you tell him just to try it, he will, and then he says something funny, like, "This is the most awesome thing I ever tasted!!!" That boy can eat.
The other day I used our oven for the first time and baked a yellow cake with home made chocolate frosting. While it was in the oven, Carson knocked on our door and told me it smelled like I was making something delicious. I guess you could smell it though the whole house. So occasionally the boys come in and eat with us. Today, Gretchen wanted to make waffles, so she tried to sneak the waffle iron upstairs, but Carson caught her on the way. Now we have little boys knocking on our door wondering when the waffles will be ready. It wouldn't be so bad, except now I have to get some pants on.
10 years ago

6 comments:
You should introduce them to the joys of aebleskivers. Do you have a pan? A trip to Aunt Phyllis' house in Washington may be in order...
Welcome to my life, Toasty. I just tried to eat a cinnamon roll and IMMEDIATELY had 3 mouths saying, "Can I have a little bit? I want a bite! Can I taste that?" But I can't lock them out again, at least that's what the authorities said.
Oh, and yes, Portland is awesome. Did you eat at the Portland City Grill? You've never been so excited about bread pudding in your life (carmel apple, aaaahhh).
It's at the top of that big pink glass skyscraper.
Are comments like this less overwhelming because they're broken up, or more overwhelming because there are so many?
No, welcome to MY life...
Amy's husband josh was living with us for 3 weeks and I had to wear pants the entire time. I thought I'd sneak in a couple hours here and there, but that dude never sleeps, and he had his own key.
BUT HE'S GONE NOW!!!
Post a Comment