Saturday, December 23, 2006

For giggles (and Gretchen)

This is when I grew my beard out earlier this year. I was going to let it grow again this Christmas season so that I could prove to Garlic Boy that I am more of a man than he is. I decided to forego the beard for the sake of my poor mother, who wouldn't have allowed me to be in any family pictures if I did grow a beard. Gretchen says she thinks men rarely look good with beards. I dunno? Do you think she will change her mind after she sees these lumberjack pictures, my dear family?





4 comments:

Anonymous said...

A one and a two...

Oooo, I am a lumberjack
And I'm OK.
I sleep all night
And I work all day!

Monty Python, anybody? Depending on how much "dear family" Gretchen has met, she should be running for the hills now!

Oh, and Abe Lincoln looked better with the beard than without.

Leah said...

You don't have to do things that drastic to prove you are more of a man than GB. Really you just have to NOT do the things he does, like crochet, croquet, make dresses, drink with your pinky up, etc.

Garlic Boy said...

Holy cow! I had no idea there was a contest going on! I guess I should have axed you. I'm going to show you how to grow hair on your head, sucka!

Anonymous said...

So what was the verdict? I've been dying to know...did Gretchen like the beard? It's not very much fun to kiss a man with a beard. And snuggling cheek to cheek is even worse. Just you keep that in mind.