Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Gimme a break

Well, sorry everyone. I didn't figuratively "jump out of the birthing pool" to put stuff on my blog. That was figurative, remember. Just because something incredibly important happens people think that my blogging habits will improve? It is true, I now lift up the toilet seat before relieving my waters, but I can't become an internet sensation overnight. Baby steps.
I was sealed for time and all eternity on July 21st, 2007 at high noon to Gretchen Elizabeth Wahlgren. Not even Kaleb was packing even though the event was timed just right for a showdown.
Our photographer stunk, which is kind of sad, but I am not as broken up about it as Gretchen. She took a bunch of pictures under the trees and didn't have a fill flash so that the shade from the foliage made some people look like they had tattoos like a pacific islander. On top of that, we couldn't get a hold of her to let her know that we are going to have a hit man take her out for 2 WEEKS. After 2 weeks she calls and said that SHE TOLD us that she would be in Nauvoo for 2 weeks and SHE TOLD us that she would have a studio color correct the pictures and that there were spots on our faces because everyone elses' flashes were going off at the same time as hers and they messed up the pictures. Anyway, we both agreed that she needed to come up with a better excuse for taking bad pictures when talking to semi intelligent people who know a thing or two about photography and that one of us needed to be contacted about her vacation itinerary and about the color correction before we could be told about them. Like I said, I don't care too much, I figure it is something to laugh about later and luckily the family did take a couple of pictures so that we have some decent ones.
A week and a half after we were married we moved to Redmond, OR. We live above my sister in law's garage in a studio apartment. This weekend I have to strip the pink paint off the dressers and refinish or paint them. I am just happy to have a dresser after a couple of weeks of going without. I'll try to take some pictures of the apartment and the scenery this week. For now, here are some wedding pictures.