Not.
I ran out of gas halfway between Detroit and Sisters. I was barely getting a signal on my cell phone and was trying to call Penny to come bail us out. At that point we were only about 45 minutes away from home. Either my calls would not go through or the person who answered the phone wouldn't be able to hear me due to the low signal. I don't think the digital network could handle a conversation. Finally a good Samaritan in a red Ford Colt stopped. A Drunk Samaritan. The girl who was driving was very nice, but the passenger had alcohol on his breath and was ENTIRELY CRAZY!!! There was another passenger and a lot of stuff in the back seat. The crazy dude was rambling on about how he was going to get a pack of cigarettes and stay with the girls while I was taken to get some gas. He said he just couldn't leave us there. After going on with me for about 5 minutes, I told him I would try AAA as Gretchen gave me a look like, "Make him leave, please." Pretty creepy guy. So I pretended that I got through to AAA and that a tow truck would come. They left. To make a long story short, we were lucky to have left Gretchen's cell phone with Penny, because the Nextel radio was the only thing that would allow a conversation since it isn't on the digital network. Penny came and on fumes we made it to Sisters and filled up. Luckily Penny has a DVD player in the van. It made the wait not so bad. Thus ended my first and hopefully last experience of running out of gas.

2 comments:
Are you sure there wasn't a part of the story that you forgot to include? Maybe something about finding a hook on the door when you got home? That would make this post super awesome.
Hey! We have that same minivan! If we get bowling shoes you can call the authorities on us with a restraining order.
Post a Comment