I am in Math 090 right now. I believe the course description says, "If you are an idiot, take this math class." After the mish, I couldn't remember how to multiply and sometimes I needed help to tie my shoes. So I took this class to get me back into the math groove. I am glad I took it, but now, at the end of the semester, I am remembering all of my lost knowledge and I am the freaking smartest person in that room. We are taking the last chapter test, and then we are having a study period for the final, and then we are taking the final. So, you might ask, why the heck is Toasty blogging about this? BECAUSE IF I HAVE TO GO BACK TO MATH 3 MORE TIMES TO HEAR THOSE 18 YEAR OLDS WHINE MY HEAD IS GONNA SPLODE!! I am really going to email him right now to see if he will give me both tests on the same day so I don't have to go back. I owe all of my math success to A-list

What kind of 5 year old talks like that?

3 comments:
You always make me giggle. Good to see you blogging again, Toasty.
I am so glad I could brighten your day a bit with my sad sad life. You however, have just brightened mine! I was also faced with the 'I have not multiplied or ever added much of anything for too many years to post, which math should I take' dilemma. I decided to go for it and just put a tone of work in. Which was...well...a ton of work, but now I have 3 weeks left of pre-calc and it was so worth it for me. It is still hard and I have give many many hours to the math Gods this semester, but at least it is almost done.
Okay now that I am done writing about me...good to see you posting, you should do so more often!
I am worried about not having the proper hair situation for this thing. Maybe I can grow a nicely cropped, left-side-only beard, and avoid ridicule. Or is it right-side.. I can't ever remember with the time zone switches.
I hear you on the whole back to math thing. Unfortunately, I never paid attention the first time, so there were no skills to bring back to life. I ended up bugging Lane Grover a lot with questions like, "How exactly do you do factoring, again?"
You need to come up to see us, (and your bro)as soon as classes are over. Good luck.
Post a Comment