Sunday, December 02, 2007

Thanksgiving





For Thanksgiving Gretchen and I went to L.A. to spend the holiday with her Sister Mary and her husband Corban and their son Baby Carson. (This distinguishes between the two Carson nephews.) It was a lot of fun. Mary is a mix between Gretchen and her father, meaning she is very kind and a lot of fun. Corban and I went to play in his Turkey Bowl on Thanksgiving morning. We played hard and paid for it for the next few days. I had to lift my legs up with my arms in order to put them on the ottoman I was so sore. Gretchen's family are Black Friday shoppers, something we never grew up with. I decided to go with Gretchen and Mary. We started at an outlet mall that was open at midnight. Traffic was horrible. We were stuck on the offramp for about an hour. We would have waited another hour to get into the parking lot but we ended up parking a 1/4 mile away and walking. As we were walking we heard someone yell, "Stop! Police!" We turned around and saw a man in basketball shorts and no shoes running from an undercover police officer. We stood aside as they ran past us and watched them cross the street and two other officers take the guy down. Lots of excitement. There were lines to get into the stores an hour after they opened, and lines around most of the stores to check out. We got out of there after 4 and they dropped me off at home and continued to shop until 9:00 AM!!!! That is one of those things that you only have to do once.
After L.A. we stopped in Gilroy picked up Ann Grover, went to see the Mellanders who were in town, and then went to Santa Cruz and Natural Bridges. It was a lot of fun.

No comments: